Flamboyant Tree By Jean-Michel Lengrand
• Artist: Jean-Michel Lengrand
• Title: Flamboyant Tree
• Medium: Original Oil on Panel Board
• Dimensions: Approx. 31.5W x 15.5H (Inches)
• Notes: This is an original item (Original Oil On Panel Board) and has been certified authentic. A one of a kind! Custom framing available.
The tree of life is a symbolic representation of the living cosmos.
Symbol of life, in perpetual evolution, it evokes the cyclical character of the cosmic evolution from where its geometrical construction is in spiral.
The tree connects the three levels of the cosmos: the underground by its roots, the surface of the earth by its trunk and branches, the heights by its upper branches and its summit, attracted to the sky.
It brings together the four elements: the water circulates with its sap, the earth integrates itself with its body by the roots, the air nourishes its leaves, and the fire springs of the friction of its movement.
Axis Mundi*, he connects the earth to the sky in a movement both upward and downward.
This leads to an inverted tree: the antler plays the role of the roots, the roots that of the branches.
Thus united in one, this double tree represents the dynamism of the universe and its generating character.
The flamboyant flower in the woman's hair has the same traditional symbolic character.
* The axis mundi (also cosmic axis, world axis, world pillar, center of the world, world tree), in certain beliefs and philosophies, is the world center, or the connection between Heaven and Earth.